Real information on San Carlos Sonora Mexico

End of the filibuster

About Us Forums Political Forum End of the filibuster

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Pobre Burro
    Participant

I see that the liberals and Senate members are celebrating the end justifying the means again. While venomously opposed to changing it in the past, now it is touted as a means to end gridlock in Washington. Could it possibly be that half of the Americans are just against what is being shoved down our throats? Of course not, they know what’s best for us.

The gleeful MSNBC’ers smirk and say that the republicans have tried it before when they were in power so it’s OK. But, There is a big difference, they didn’t do it. No difference in me saying “I am going to kill you” and not doing it and someone else actually doing it. Who is the criminal and who caused harm?

Dangerous ground we’re on where a simple majority can change the establish laws and procedures at will. I guess the fundamental change of the world’s best country is in full force, as our elected president said he would.

admin
    Keymaster

Yes but remember what comes around goes around and the moment the democrats loose control they will start to whine like a bunch of stuck pigs, the senate is just a seat or two away from complete gridlock anyway at 50 each.

What needs to happen in the U.S.A. is term limits and campaign finance reform. That is the only real game changer as far as I am concerned, the rest is minor stuff.

rana
    Participant

it’s all the democrats fault, right?

republicans came up with this brilliant idea, i guess they passed it because harry reid vowed never to use it?

guys, republicans have abused the filibuster and this is the parliamentary solution republicans instituted this pandoras box…admin is right what goes around comes around …and it just did

Pepe
    Participant

It is amazing that they, the democrats that is, grew a pair of balls and did it. As everyone knows they are so such pussy’s on defense and all! LOL

Pobre Burro
    Participant

Both sides have abused it and used it effectively also. Personally I am not thrilled by filibusters but everyone sees the need for them when it fits their side of the aisle.

Would it be surprising to see Harry Reid in the top 10 longest filibusters since 1900?

rana
    Participant

do YOU like green eggs and ham? lol

strom thurman proudly holds 1st place

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by rana.
    admin
    Keymaster

Here is Stewards Take on Filibusters which is certainly in perspective especially if you are a liberal and hilarious if you have a sense of humor

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by admin.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.