Real information on San Carlos Sonora Mexico

What about Late Night Parties, how long can they go

About Us Forums Ask Ines Mexican Law What about Late Night Parties, how long can they go

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

I got an email from a friend on this subject which is something many of us in San Carlos have to deal with every weekend during summer months. The crazy Mexican party next door. The email is edited to protect the identity of the poster.

Recently on a Late Saturday night and on into the wee hours of Sunday (till about 4 AM), there was a big and noisy street party of adolescents behind my house that kept me and my daughter up (and angry) essentially all night. She called the policía 3 times and I called once, but no cops came to tone them down or break it up. (I suppose that other neighbors were calling the cops too, but do not know that for sure.) Lots of drinking (and likely doping), but the worst was the way-too-loud so-called music, especially the real low frequency kind of boom-boxing that rattles windows and psyches. I’m pretty sure that it was the same group of kids that did it last year around the same time.
    Well, last year I became so angry that I went out and confronted them, trying to be nice at first but decaying into anger and shouts. Luckily, I didn’t get into a fist-fight and/or shot. They quieted down for a while, then resumed their party until around 2 AM when the cops finally arrived to shut it down. This time (last Saturday night-Sunday morning), as I was about to go out to confront the group, my daughter made me stay inside, saying that she did not want me to get shot. I supposed she was right, so I stayed home with her.
    Here’s the interesting part, one I will hope that you can investigate and report on: In speaking to (I think it was) the comandante that night last year, he informed me that the organizers of the party had purchased a PERMIT to have their block party, a permit that would last until 2 AM ! Wow, I could hardly believe what he said. So, forget about our local cops maintaining peace-and-quite in San Carlos. Evidently, such loud and extremely annoying parties are allowed if the cops get paid off! This time, however, there was no breakup at 2 AM as last year; it went on to at least 4 AM.

• This topic was modified 10 years, 9 months ago by admin.
    • This topic was modified 10 years, 9 months ago by admin.
    admin
    Keymaster

Ok so Ines did speak with the secretary of the comisaria on this topic. You can indeed get a permit to have a load and obnoxious party. We were told by the secretary that you get the permit in Guaymas not here in San Carlos. I have actually been at parties when Ines was still managing the Althetic Club where the police showed up and tried to shut the party down if we didn’t have a permit.

The secretary was not sure how late you could get the permit for but I suspect 2 a.m. sounds about right.

So I believe that the definitive answer is yes your neighbor can get a permit to have a load obnoxious party until 2 a.m. After 2 he has to close it down.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.