Is a Deed of Trust named beneficiary easily amended?

About Us Forums Ask Ines Mexican Law Is a Deed of Trust named beneficiary easily amended?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ezmony
    Participant

Wondering how best to change the beneficiary on a Deed of Trust. Would a will take precedence over the said trust?

admin
    Keymaster

To avoid a huge legal battle I would say that the will should be in agreement with the beneficiary. I would also say that the trust would legally trump the will on said property.

What I have heard locally is that some realtors are telling people they should have a will to cover what is inside the house, and of course charging excessive amounts of money to write up the will.

I think easy is a relative term, I suspect it is easy yet costly since you will have to go to the notary and the bank and go through the bureaucratic nightmare of changing the paper work with all the stamps that the government loves so much.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by admin.
    ezmony
    Participant

OK, having said that, what would an estimate of a not excessive amount to write up a will?

Addressing the trust, where would one start with the Notario or the Bank? I suspect the Notario.

I see a sea of worms here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.